In radio parlance, a quick recorded line that comes in between two songs is called a "bumper."
If you're a KCCK Boss, and we have not yet gotten a "Boss Bumper" from you; and you have a smartphone, you can make your own!
- Open the Voice Recorder app on any IOS or Android phone or tablet.
- Press Record and say the following into the phone's microphone (a hole or small grill on the bottom of the device).
"Hi, this is __________________________, and I'm The Boss here at KCCK! You can be the boss, too, when you invest in local jazz radio. Listen like a Boss and donate now at kcck.org"
- Touch the Share button. Depending on your device, it could be one of the icons to the right, or the word "Share."
- "Email" will be one of your share choices. Email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- That's it! I'll let you know that it arrived and will work.
And thanks for being The Boss at KCCK!